Friday, September 19, 2008

7 1/2 Week Update

Goede Morgen!

I just wanted to come on and write a little update about what is going on this week. I was so excited after the ultrasound last Friday and everything seemed to be going great (it still is!), but unfortunately I got a call from one of the nurses at my doctor's office who informed me that the ultrasound showed "subchorionic bleeding" and that I had to take it easy for the next few weeks. I have been so committed to doing yoga and exercising on my elliptical machine and walking Cider at least twice a day, that I felt pretty bummed that I am not supposed to do any of those things for a while. I want to stay strong and healthy during this pregnancy. More than worrying about what I can or cannot do, I have been feeling very worried about the baby and I felt really scared when I got the call. I discussed this situation with my good friend Phoebe (one of JM's colleagues) and of course with JM. It is a common occurrence in almost 30% of pregnant women and should go away on its own. There aren't any medical solutions to the problem, it is just a "wait and see" situation. I cried a little Tuesday night because I was feeling sad and scared and JM was stuck in the hospital overnight. However, I woke up Wednesday feeling a lot better and I am positive that everything will work out and that we have a healthy little tillema in May!

I already knew that something was going on because I had been "spotting" for two weeks. This is why my OB ordered an early ultrasound. The positivity must be working, because I have not had ANY spotting since Tuesday afternoon!! I am going to continue to take it easy for a few weeks to ensure that both little tillema and I are doing well. (By the way - the condition I have causes me to bleed, not the baby.)

Other than this situation and feeling very very tired by the end of the day, I am feeling really great. I have barely had any nausea and for the most part, I have had energy to do things with JM and with our friends.

I also started to knit a hat for little tillema last week. When I am finished with it, I will post a picture on this site.

There will definitely be more to come!

Love,

Christina

1 comment:

I said...

tante Ilja zegt ook: prachtig!
Maar wel rustig aan doen he! Ik ben al met het derde jurkje bezig :)) x