Tuesday, December 16, 2008

20 Week Update - Halfway there!

Wow! I cannot believe that am officially at the halfway mark in this pregnancy. I had my 20 week ob visit yesterday and everything is going really great. I met with the one midwife who works with my group of physicians, Cindy, who was very nice and encouraged JM and I to write a birth plan so that all of the doctors and nurses at the hospital will know of our wishes when it comes to the delivery.

My blood pressure was perfect, I am measuring right at the belly button which is normal for 20 weeks, and I have gained 6 pounds during this pregnancy so far. Little t only weighs about a one pound, so the rest of the weight is blood, water, "maternal stores" aka fat, and extra breast weight according to the midwife. Of course, we listened to little t's heart, which is beating strong, and I scheduled our 20+week ultrasound for January 8, 2009 at 8:00 am. JM will come with me and we will get to see the baby and if we want, we can find out if it is a boy or a girl. Mooi!

In other news, I finally started on little t's baby blanket. The yarn is rich red and will match the nursery perfectly. It is going to take a bit of effort getting it completed, but I love the yarn and the pattern and I think little t will love to be bundled up in such a cozy, warm blanket!

This week is flying by and we are really busy as we prepare to leave on Saturday for the Netherlands for Christmas vacation. We are very excited to get to spend the holidays with JM's family and we are looking forward to a relaxing trip!

Tonight, we will post a new belly shot and the beginnings of the blanket.

Love,

cbt

No comments: